What is Project 20/20?
Project 20/20 is a “convening” project, focused on facilitating connections between groups and individuals working to improve the Battle Creek area.
Our mission is: Working together, we champion ideas and initiatives that move this community toward excellence.
Why does Project 20/20 exist?
The Battle Creek area is fortunate to have dynamic leaders, innovative organizations and supportive foundations. Together, they have produced some fantastic results. Still, many health, education and quality of- life indicators remain disturbingly low.
Project 20/20 exists to create a coalition of groups and individuals who are:
- Mutually supportive
- All working toward the greater good
Where we find fragmentation of efforts or people working in silos, Project 20/20 advocates for boundary spanning, collective action that truly makes a difference for the Battle Creek area.
All of Project 20/20’s efforts promote the vision, which is: People choose to live, work and invest in the Battle Creek area.
What does Project 20/20 do?
Project 20/20 creates processes and structures, such as:
- Forums and meetings
- Media (e.g., website, pictures, collections of best practices)
All of Project 20/20’s activities focus on building mutual:
How does Project 20/20 work?
Project 20/20 consistently operates with these values and support others in doing the same:
- Honesty and openness
- Listening to understand
- Respect for the abilities and knowledge of all people and groups
- Empowerment of people and groups, embracing their wisdom and passion
- Transparency and open access to information
- Working across traditional boundaries, such as job roles, organizational focus, etc.
- Warm and inviting atmosphere that fosters engagement and involvement
How can I help with Project 20/20?
Project 20/20 is currently in Phase I, Getting on the Same Page. The focus of this phase is creating a membership of individuals and organizations who want to be a part of this “convening” for the betterment of the Battle Creek area. If you and/or your organization are interested and would like more information about how you can get involved beyond what you can find on our website, please send an email to BCProject2020@gmail.com or phone (269) 830-1936. You may register on our homepage so that you receive all communications and announcements.
Project 20/20 is seeking support in the form of monetary or in-kind donations. For your convenience, you may make an on-line donation by clicking on the “Support” page of our website. If you prefer, you may also mail checks made payable to the Miller Foundation FBO Project 20/20 to: 310 WayWayTaySee Way, Battle Creek, MI 49015. For information on possible in-kind donations, email BCProject2020@gmail.com or phone (269) 830-1936. Ask to be contacted personally.
- Leadership meetings held the 4th Wednesday of odd number months 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. at Burnham Brook
- Community Forums held the 4th Wednesday of even number months 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. at Burnham Brook
Click on the following link to view our Orientation Document.